Multiple electrical issues....help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rather than buying new parts do some testing first. Check the switch to see if you have power in and out Check the connector for the mirror to see if you have power to the motors. Just because the signals work does not mean the rest is ok The signals are a totally different circuit

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For giggles you may want to check the charging voltage @1500 rpm with the blower motor on high and the high beams on.

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Can you tell me how to check these things? I don't mind checking and testing, just not sure how to do it.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look at the prints C511
Disconnect the connector for the Switch Then take your voltmeter and read the voltage between pin 1 and pin 5 on that connector
Post the results

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you. Might be a few days as work will get in the way until about Wednesday or so. Working retail can interfere with other things quite often. When its my weekend to work, its a brutal schedule. I appreciate the help.

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OMG I finally got a chance to work on the truck today. My brother sent new mirrors out of the blue. Took a couple hours but I managed to get them on. They work perfect. My only thought is that the motors gave out. I just plugged and played them and they worked. How else could it be explained?