My '08 Limited (Warning - Lots of pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

briandye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I figured id start a new thread to keep all my "mods" and such documented with pics. Always fun to look back on down the road. If you have dial up, or are on a phone with limited data, LEAVE NOW! Lol

I recently picked up my 2008 Expedition Limited (2/3/18) after losing my 2005 Grand Marquis to a fire. Ive never really been a fan of the first gen Expeditions, (Or the F-150's for that matter, I hate the bubbly, curvy round look of that generation), wasn't crazy about second gens, but there were a few that caught my eye, mainly all black, loaded, black interior, etc. I found mine on Craigslist from a dealer, as well as a couple others. Mine was the best options to price ratio really. I didn't want to finance more than $10k, I picked mine up with about 150k in very very good condition for around $8k.

08 Limited
4x4
Fully loaded minus nav
Previous owner replaced the power folding running boards with regular ones
Premium sound stereo (No sync)
Rear DVD
Tri-zone climate
Power fold third row
2nd row buckets

I love just about everything about this thing, but of course, can't leave anything stock.

The day I brought it home:
OvrGsJ6.jpg

xiMYBsi.jpg

kwPR7Pw.jpg

20 minutes under the hood with some cleaner and a rag:
QOZxhg5.jpg

OP
OP
B

briandye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So one of the biggest pet peeves I have with it is that crappy plastic Ford emblem they switched to.
"Lets make this iconic logo, the brand of our vehicle, painted plastic to save a few bucks!"

I like the dark gray, and black theme the truck already has going, with the factory black headlights, so why not go with a black emblem?
Front and back, switched to new black ones from eBay, spent about $10 each. If I get a year or two out of them, its money well spent. Takes 4 minutes to replace em.

rIupwdj.jpg

OqsaYr3.jpg

Back wasn't as bad, but still chipped and looked like crap.

pqCoTbK.jpg

One of the first big things I did to it was the radio. I really missed having a radio that had decent features, as well as touchscreen. I had the same radio in my MGM, but it didn't have the built in HD radio, so this is just an updated model. Bluetooth, DVD, dual camera inputs, satellite radio, etc. Pioneer AVH-X491BHS. Used the PAC PRO4(?) wiring adapter, which made it super simple. Kept RAP, allowed me to use the radios aux in for the rear DVD system, I can keep the factory AUX port in the dash, it had a reverse trigger for my backup camera, retained steering wheel controls, pretty cool little unit.

I also wanted to bring some of the stuff from my MGM over, I guess as a little tribute/memorial to it. Plus I love the design anyways. I had wrapped a few interior pieces like the dash trim in the MGM with this chameleon purple/blue vinyl, so I wanted to cover all the wood (Im not a fan of woodgrain). Radio bezel, center console trim, shifter sides, and the door lock/window button bezels. I haven't gotten around to the shifter or doors yet.

aa7Ebyo.jpg

N8FcmP7.jpg

lYnJLfJ.jpg

Also of course had to ditch the terrible dim halogen lighting on the interior, and puddle lamps:

aDsOrDU.jpg

0kX71Yc.jpg

Before:

Dttz1BF.jpg

After:

Tx4HXUR.jpg

I don't need a million 12v outlets, and I hate having stuff always plugged in, I hate wiring just hanging around too. I decided to replace the lower outlet with a dual 2.1a USB port and digital voltmeter. Just used the factory plug wiring, so the voltmeter is always on, but its such a tiny draw, its sat for days and not even dropped the voltage a bit. Fit perfectly. Went with green to match the factory stuff.

ExGMpiH.jpg

In my MGM, I also had some RGB floor lighting. I love bright colors, and "ambient lighting" so I went with the same setup. RGB strips in both front footwells, and I was just going to do one in the back, under the curve on the center console, but it wasn't enough for my liking. I ended up doing two more strips back there, under the inside of each 2nd row seat, which really makes it glow nicely back there. They don't interfere with the fold/flip motion of the seat either. My pictures only have the one rear strip, I never took more pictures. Any color you want, remote controlled. They are wired on with the ignition, so I don't have to mess with them.

6IoXahG.jpg
OdWbg7Z.jpg
9BvFMD0.jpg

I also did the newer/Navigator wiper mod, big difference to me. Most won't ever notice, but I hated the old looking flat, faded, somewhat rusty rear wiper and arm.

Yx2wZvt.jpg

ZhJPVWs.jpg

Of course had to get those sexy black LED taillights, and matching 3rd:

b2WLX5K.jpg

3rd only had one of the 5 bulbs even working in it. Faded, nasty, old.

9kQmIjU.jpg

bBSQYWq.jpg