My Expedition vs. a Prius

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Haha..... I would probably get beat by a kid on a bike in mine off the line. I just wouldn't film it. Glad you got by him at the end.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
haha torquey hamster! that was funny. that was me that commented it after. but anyways i HATE PRIUS'S! almost got hit by one on my bike a few months ago. idiot got impatient and went on a red. so pissed.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
better get a tuner and try it again i think you could get it then,...

but funny none the less

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
The combination of electric and gas motor gives the hybrid decent acceleration from 0-60mph. (7.8 seconds I believe) Electric motors have full torque available immedidately. Eventually the batteries drain and need recharged by the gas motor. :) Brief check online and they seemed to be rated 16.9 - 18 seconds in the 1/4 mi. So if they are on top of their game its pretty close to a stock expy and they will be quicker off the line.

No need to be ashamed as you are 3 times the size of that little go cart. Yours holds a lot more people, can go offroad, and tow a prius!!

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The combination of electric and gas motor gives the hybrid decent acceleration from 0-60mph. (7.8 seconds I believe) Electric motors have full torque available immedidately. Eventually the batteries drain and need recharged by the gas motor. :) Brief check online and they seemed to be rated 16.9 - 18 seconds in the 1/4 mi. So if they are on top of their game its pretty close to a stock expy and they will be quicker off the line.

No need to be ashamed as you are 3 times the size of that little go cart. Yours holds a lot more people, can go offroad, and tow a prius!!

says the guy who puts some mustangs to shame! hahah

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why tow a prius... put it into the back of your expy and if you get a flat put that on instead of a tire...lol

flyin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a guy in a hybrid camry try real hard off the line to beat my truck. I drove with him to about 30 then went. He brought a knife to a gunfight though 20 psi on a ranger did him quite handily but I somehow felt kind of dirty racing a hybrid. My solace came from the fact that I probably burned all of the gas that he saved.