My new MY16

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G213

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Everyone-

Hello from LA! I've had my MY16 Platinum 4x4 (41k miles) for about a week now and I'm loving every minute of it. I wanted to go back to a bigger ride, coming from an Escape. (I did own a 99 Expy as a second car and loved it)

Here's a few mods I've already started to make the truck my own;

1. LED low beams - bulbs from SuperbrightLED

2. One of the first things I do when I get a new truck is always change the wiper blades and filters. Of course I broke the rear wiper arm trying to replace the rear blade...it looks like it had never been done. My Escape had the same time of blade, the "snap" in kind and I never liked it. So I replaced the arm with a metal arm and "hook" style attachment from Amazon. Now I can use a Bosch Icon wiper to match the front blades and don't have to worry about snapping the plastic.

3. Upgraded the USB ports in the center console and updated Sync to 2.2 for Apple CarPlay. (This went perfectly)

4. Bought a USB to OBDII adapter and used FORscan to adjust some settings. (i.e. turn off the double honk)

Let me know if you'd want anymore details on these mods; I'm happy to share what I've learned so far.

Last edited: