My personal opinion of the two body styles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treycool94

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes the first gen is more playful and fun when i drive my dads 07 it feels really heavy and tamed by the traction controle

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also like the 1st gens the most. I think they look great with lifts. The newer gens look better for street trucks, but i'm not much into trucks that aren't used off pavement. I do wish i had the motors that are in the newer gens though.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
O ME TOO! these motors were great for the time but the new 6.2 is just crazy! but i never been in one. just a friend said it was. my gfs dads f150 has the 3v and i love that power. all stock... well its the fx2 edition. not sure if that makes a difference. but damn i wish i had that acceleration. i drove it and went back to mine and was sad. :( haha gotta do the e-fans soon. that will help a lot hopefully too.

MISTERgadget

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First gen is the best gen.

3a09d1815009f31b8faf657b873f79c9e13d2b25.JPG

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my favorite expy I have ever seen was a pearl white 2nd gen. I think it was a limited... best looking expy IMO. I like the 2nd gen headlights and grille the best I think. Found a vid with one that looks similar.

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Imho, as a gen 3 owner, gen 3's are ugly...

Interesting note, once parked next to a buddy's 2nd gen Navigator, and after careful comparison came away with the suspicion that 3rd Gen expy = 2nd Gen Navi with a different grille/bumper combo... every single line, interior and exterior, is frikkin identical.

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Give me a first gen for the 4-link solid rear axle, full frame, and 2WD/A4WD selection.

Though I do have a 2nd or 3rd gen front end swap planned.