My personal opinion of the two body styles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My long term plan is to take an 80's era f250 4x4, shorten the frame and put the expy body on it. I've been checking craigslist and I can pick one up for 2-3k. Not sure if it'll work but that's the idea and I like projects.
Chris, that actually sounds like a very cool idea and I'll bet it will work.

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
WOW! I think I'd get a nosebleed just climbing up inside that thing. :)

I found a much more practical build thread. Did 1 ton axle swap front and rear.
Ended up killer.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/1997-2003-f-150/413852-stitches-tease.html

Photos start working about the third page, then die off about the last two again.

Got about 8" lift over stock F150 on 35's, but could clear 37's.

This is giving me bad ideas...022.jpg 016_837900.jpg 012_422072.jpg 003_539312.jpg

The last photo makes my nether regions tingle...

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think a trussed D44 in the front, then upgrade/truss the 8.8, and swap the trail arms to heim joints to correct for bigger coils, get a new Trac bar to center it. Would be a beast of a Dad-Mobile.

ChrisOIFdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chris, that actually sounds like a very cool idea and I'll bet it will work.

I miss the off-road durability of my old CJ7 and 78 Bronco. I love the comfort and family room of the expy. I figured this would be a good way to get both. Also as you can tell by my expy truck and my goldwing I posted in the lifted expedition forum...I don't do normal. Lol

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would you keep the expy drive line and make it mount to the frame, or keep the F-250 drive line and change the body over?