Navigator/Expedition Tail lamp swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like mine. I just wish the tail lights were bigger brighter and more modern, but that's me; I'm never satisfied. ;):cool::confused:

Ain’t that the truth same here... always looking for the next thing to do. I could see the brightness factor I’m sure its more noticeable. I’m sure it can be done. A guy i know just had the Escalade tail lamps put in on his tahoe. (I dislike those for the same reason). But I’m sure he had to have body work done.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So to be clear, i most definitely do not want the hatch section of the lights. Just the two outer turn signal brake light housings. That’s it. Remember I was the guy trying to figure out how to delete my chrome “expedition” trim from my hatch? I’m a minimalist. I just believe amber turn signals are safer, and since my coach is already wired as such and my plug and harness for towing the truck is also wired as such, it would be easy to just make all this work nicely if they were plug and play. It’s odd to me that the navigator wiring would be so different back there as to support separate turn signals. I am going to play around with my multi meter and see how the turn signals are operating. I am wondering if you could tie into the led mirror turn signals and run them to the back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here’s a better comparison pic. Someone said that the bumper cover would be different and I can see why now:
0a493c5ff6fe637e7827e20e1db6d1ad.jpg15aebe9d29bda98823a412a71e4f72f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at the bumper/body line in the pic I posted. The bumper cover raises up under the tail and I don't see how that is possible it make work without some major body work to either the bumper cove or even the rear quarter
Without having them side by side so you could take measurements or see if they would swap out, there's probably no way to know for sure.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Part numbers might show a "supercede" or "alternate" if one will fit or a service mgr might know?

I personally bought my lmtd because of the clean body w/o all the "glam" of the Navi but each to his own when it's his own money!

jeff