Navigator/Expedition Tail lamp swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since you just posted this image in another thread, I was looking at the white "sockets" in the quarter panel recess where the Expy tail lamps snap into place. Notice there are extra holes in that area. It's a good bet those holes are used to secure the Navigator tail lamps. So, not only would you need the lamp units, but you might also need the "sockets" that go into those other holes that secure them when they are snapped into place.

Mice--GettingInThroughTailLight.jpg

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you just posted this image in another thread, I was looking at the white "sockets" in the quarter panel recess where the Expy tail lamps snap into place. Notice there are extra holes in that area. It's a good bet those holes are used to secure the Navigator tail lamps. So, not only would you need the lamp units, but you might also need the "sockets" that go into those other holes that secure them when they are snapped into place.

View attachment 24682
I have the part number for white sockets if anyone needs them. I had to buy some because one of mine was missing.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Been pricing out Navi tail lamp housings and sheesh they are expensive. Almost $500 for just one side. Yeah, it’s not worth $1000 for me to swap. So I’m going back to the drawing board of wiring up my own separate LED amber turn signals...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bo
Been pricing out Navi tail lamp housings and sheesh they are expensive. Almost $500 for just one side. Yeah, it’s not worth $1000 for me to swap. So I’m going back to the drawing board of wiring up my own separate LED amber turn signals...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
A bone yard could be a good place to look.