Need powerstroke opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewactual

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know if removing the sulfur is such a bad idea.... I mean, I really don't know. What i DO know is the process used to remove the sulfur also removes other things that were required for lubricity, and the lack of sulfur allows for clumping due to algae (which isn't really algae but that's what folks call it). modern (read: ULSD) diesel fuel is extremely 'dry', and a user HAS to treat it with some form of lubricity additive and cetane booster (high pressure fuel pumps not only pump it to be consumed, they are also cooled by it and lubricated by it)... It's humorous when FoMoCo, Detroit, Cat, Isuzu, Cummins, Mercedes, Navstar- all the major diesel engine producers- produce an engine requiring "45 cetane rating" and when 40 is about as high as you'll find at any pump..... and don't get me going on BioDiesel- which is illegal where i'm at, and which kills me--- how can gasoline that is 15% ethanol (bio) be GREAT!!! but old oil from fryers or produced from organic sources be HORRIBLE!!!!! ...... methinks taxes has a huge impact on that notion... 'they' can't get a grip on your neighbor who produces his own fuel like they can the store that peddles it through pumps to a consumer...

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol yeah.

My 335d wants 51 (!!!) Cetane --- fuel up at some rando truck stop, and the dang thing is all clackety-clack-clack as it sputters along vibrating at surprisingly high RPMs...

Meanwhile, get some good trusty diesel, dope her up real good with some Howe's, and vrrrrrooom (well, more like "hhhrrrrm") --- literally blew soot all over some dumb aggro rich kid in a Lambo a while back. Silly boy racer redlined trying and failing to catch me on an uphill stretch, looked like he was having a nervous breakdown from what I saw in the rearview

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had a 08 6.4 for years and it was a great truck. People who talk trash about them have never owned one and only know someone who knew someone who knew someone that had a problem with it. If I was looking and found one with decent miles on it that had been deleted I would consider it. Now the 6.0 I would stay away from. Hard to dismiss the fact that they were so bad Ford lost a class action suit worth hundreds of millions of dollars and the thousands of trucks they had to buy back or replace under warranty. You shouldn't have to bulletproof a truck to make it run right and last

Now a decent mileage 7.3..... I'd roll one of those any day of the week. Best diesel Ford's ever built to date