Need some help from all of you..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am now the owner of expeditionforum.com. I recent bought it off the original owners and now it will be ran the correct way.

Now here is the help I need from all of you. What should I do? There are only 2 options I will want to do but I want your ideas about them.

1. Close this forum down and have you as members, copy/paste all important threads over to EF.com. Also, I would move this skin/look from this site over to EF.com as well. After the important posts have been pasted/added on EF.com and I feel everyone on this site was informed of the move, I would redirect any traffic this site gets over to EF.com

2. Keep this site and EF.com running side by side. Just run with it on both and go from there.

I would like some input from all of you. I am leaning towards option 1 more as having 2 forums basically competing with one another may not be a good thing.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if this site was next to nothing to start up...compared to buying that site...move everything over...i would like to see everything go versus only the important post...i gues it would be easier to move this there since its so small in comparison...what about our emails? pics? garage?

you just hit us with a bombshell!!! youre the boss...youre the owner...

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
o boy.... that is an interesting concept.... but I'll have to agree that one is better than 2... just like you said "don't want to be competing against each other"....

Now if this site were to be the old one that would be cool as hell... but my question is what about all the threads from this site and the old one? Are you able to copy them over or are you gonna make everything new? There are some useful threads on both sites but there is many threads that could just be deleted.... but having one site with the direction of this site would kick ass.... I'm all for taking over the EF.com site and building it better than this one... we are basically being provided the opportunity to rebuild again and would love to see a very respectable forum built....

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't move anything over. I cannot move user names, posts, pics or anything. I wish I could but I can't. My plan in the beginning of deciding to buy EF.com was to let it run on its own and keep this running. I have no issue with doing that still, but I wanted to ask all of you as I feel you are what makes this forum(and the other forum). So I wanted to get you members involved in this.

o boy.... that is an interesting concept.... but I'll have to agree that one is better than 2... just like you said "don't want to be competing against each other"....

Now if this site were to be the old one that would be cool as hell... but my question is what about all the threads from this site and the old one? Are you able to copy them over or are you gonna make everything new? There are some useful threads on both sites but there is many threads that could just be deleted.... but having one site with the direction of this site would kick ass.... I'm all for taking over the EF.com site and building it better than this one... we are basically being provided the opportunity to rebuild again and would love to see a very respectable forum built....

EF.com would be ran the same as FEF.com. I wouldn't start over on EF.com. All the threads there now would stay as is. I will be moving/adding forums section around on EF.com as the layout doesn't work for me at all. It will have the same layout as FEF.com. Now if we moved to EF.com, FEF.com posts/users can not be moved over. The posts would have to be copy from here, and posted over on EF.com. There is no script/program(as I know, I will check to see if there is) to move all threads/posts/users over to EF.com without everyone here pitching in and coping/pasting it on EF.com manually.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to see EF.com built into the main forum, it makes it easier to tell people go to EF.com instead of FEF.com.... plus will allow me more options for adding to my graphic that I have planned... would love EF.com instead of longer FEF.com.... but maybe run both of these and hit the "reset" on EF.com and build it just like this one.... also direct people over to EF.com after we have it set up.... basically after all my ramblin... I love FEF.com.... but love the EF address.....

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't reset EF.com. That would defeat the purpose of me buying it. As of now, EF.com is in trenched in search engines and has great links from other sites. If I were to delete/reset the forum, it would lose all that and all the traffic it gets now. FEF.com is new, so it doesn't have what EF.com has on traffic and links. EF.com would still have the same post count and user count as it does now, it will just have a much better layout then it does now and also have this cool skin on it too ;)

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i think we brought alot of stuff from the other forum so alot and maybe even most of the inportant threads are already there... and im sure we can move the rest with out much trouble..

will we have our albums over there? and all the cool smiley's

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ahh makes sense.... a.k.a... I'm not so computer literate....:Grenade:... but I'm all for taking over EF.com and building it back to the glory days it had a long time ago...

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i think we brought alot of stuff from the other forum so alot and maybe even most of the inportant threads are already there... and im sure we can move the rest with out much trouble..

will we have our albums over there? and all the cool smiley's

I can not move the album pics over, but it will have the option of you creating new ones and just taking the ones you have here and move them over there. The smilies we have here will of course be installed on EF.com ;) This is all if we go with option 1 of course.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
option 1..... nuff said....lol.... I've got the most posts here so we should just do as the "post *****" says..... :joke::joke:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oaisdghfopuasdbnv