Need Wiring Schmatics For The Reverse Sensing System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01EXPYEB

Reaction score
Does anyone have the wiring schmatics for the reverse sensing system (RSS) for a 2001 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer with the 5.4 liter engine, AWD. I'm having problems with my RSS. When it is in park I can turn it on but as soon as I put it in reverse it turns off. Owners manuel says you should be able to turn the RSS off and on when it is in reverse. I can not get it to turn on when it is in reverse. I think there may be a short some where in the system and would like to check it. I do have a Haynes manuel with wiring schmatics but it does not show the RSS. Thanks for any help!

OP
OP

01EXPYEB

Reaction score
Never mind AvroAero. I was able to get my info from another site. Thanks anyways!

mustangswan

Reaction score
Most of the time, it is one of the sensors that has gone bad. You could get a new sensor and try swapping it out one at a time to see which one it is, or use datalogger to see which one is not reading the correct distance. There might even be a code stored for the bad sensor.