New big V8 coming (?) Will it be available in the Expedition ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Here you go, so you can look yourself. There is a special Lease deal on the 2.7 XLT. Exactly what you said you would want, so you should head right down and pick it up. http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/2017/pricing-and-incentives/?gnav=header-shop

Yet again, the mysterious salesman that you get ALL of your info from. My guy local has a hard time moving the 5.0's because once they drive the 3.5TT EB, the 5.0 just doesn't feel as fun. Within 10 miles of my location, there are 54 5.0 equipped F-150's according to Ford.com, so not hard. So we can all quote the mysterious Salesman that we personally deal with...anything else to add?WRONG AGAIN! Dude you are full of it. The 2.7l is and base non-turbo3.5l most sold. You sound like a used car salesman. The LS V8 has a huge fan base , factory and aftermarket. Ford V6 pickups, make up 65% of sales. The V8 are in short supply and not many on lots. Ford is offering incentives on V6, to move them.

Here you go again, so you can look it up for yourself... http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-engines/l83/#tab-2

Based on your previous statements this should be a turn off...Aluminum...nothing on a truck should be made out of Aluminium. Oh and GM is offering larger Rebates than Ford, on the Silverado. Yet the 150 is still outselling it....Hmmm.
WRONG AGAIN! The 2.7ltt and non turbo 3.5l, are most sold. 65% F150 sales are V6, due to factory V6 incentive. The GM LS V8 is a great motor and is popular factory and aftermarket. High end Aluminum engines, are desired, paint peeling bodies, not so much.

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can't even respond correctly....Your reply is part of my original one.... HAHAHAHA!:facepalm:

Edit: You kinda fixed it...your reply is in both places now...

Last edited:

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was there any other difference, like price/rebates? Salesman told me 5.0l F150 are hard to get, because of demand and are on back order. Most of trucks on lot were the plain 3.5l and EcoB 2.7l. Was your dads truck a purchase or lease? Did he test drive a Chevy or other brand? I read the GM motors are direct injection, all aluminum V8's .

They actually had several of the 5.0s on the lot that were super crew, and luckily one fit what he was looking for. The only "options" he wanted were cloth seats and the tow package, the rest he couldn't care less about

The 5.0 was slightly more expensive (2-3k) because it had a different "entertainment" package, if that's what you call it. It had navigation and was a five seater vs the 6 seater in the EB. None of these items factored into the purchase (he wouldn't use navigation or bluetooth if his life depended on it).

There were rebates and discounts, and financing incentives (didn't finance), but they applied on either vehicle if I recall correctly. They took 2K off for veteran status also (supposedly)

He didn't look at any other brands. (especially GM...)

On a side note, I can't believe how great Ford trucks are, and how awful my Ford Fusion fleet car is.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You are a flaming A**hole. Edge owner.

HAHA....Mission accomplished!!

I have owned 2 15+ Expeditions...a 2015 for 20K, and the current 2017 for 8K. I have put over half of that mileage on them....so yeah...

Oh, and I own an Edge with 12K on it...11K of it is with me behind the wheel. So out of the TWO Fords I OWN, I have put more on the Expedition...good try.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think rjdelp7 must be on GM's payroll. I get this from the way he bashes Ford and praises GM every chance he gets. Too closed minded to be a regular person on here. Lol. Loki how do you like that edge? I see some pretty sharp ones now and then I think they are titanium or something like that. Too small for me but look like cool little crossovers.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I think rjdelp7 must be on GM's payroll. I get this from the way he bashes Ford and praises GM every chance he gets. Too closed minded to be a regular person on here. Lol. Loki how do you like that edge? I see some pretty sharp ones now and then I think they are titanium or something like that. Too small for me but look like cool little crossovers.
I drove GM's for years, until 2008 "bailout". I switch to Ford, who did not take one. However, I must admit, tough to beat GM reliability. I like my Ford Products. However, my Expedition has had a few, things go that should last life of vehicle. Like trailing arms and exhaust manifold/studs and rear diff cover. At approximately 80k miles, everything minor started going. It has been a battle keeping it 100%.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM has definitely went downhill since that damn bailout. They can't make an SUV last to save their lives. I have a family member who has a 2015 Yukon Denali with 60k on it. It just had to go in for a whole week for an entire transmission replacement, this person bought the Yukon after their newer Tahoe LTZ transmission was slipping and not shifting at all at times. How's that for $80,000 vehicles? It's unbelievable

Last edited:

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
GM has definitely went downhill since that damn bailout. They can't make an SUV last to save their lives. I have a family member who has a 2015 Yukon Denali with 60k on it. It just had to go in for a whole week for an entire transmission replacement, this person bought the Yukon after their newer Tahoe LTZ transmission was slipping and not shifting at all at times. How's that for $80,000 vehicles? It's unbelievable
I thought the new 10 speed transmission, was a joint Ford/GM venture. The car makers, were scrambling to meet C.A.F.E standards.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the new 10 speed transmission, was a joint Ford/GM venture. The car makers, were scrambling to meet C.A.F.E standards.

The 2015 Yukon XL and tahoes have GMs six speed they are pretty unreliable transmissions. In fact I chose to buy an Expedition over a Tahoe after doing research on the two. Ford has a much more stout transmission and overall drivetrain IMO. I also didn't like the cracking dashboards in the tahoes which can lead to safety problems related to the airbags, no thanks. Ford did well with the 6R75 and 6R80 transmissions I like them.

Last edited: