New Exp Owner with Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tekrsq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First let me say HEY to everybody here since this is my first post.

I recently purchased a 99 Exp Eddie Bauer, 5.4 with 168,000 miles. I don't normally buy vehicles with that high of mileage, but it was a 1 owner (elderly couple) that has had every service done at a dealership, has a record of every service, and it's in exceptional mechanical shape.

However, it does have a few minor issues that I want to fix, and would like some help. I've researched a ton of this, but still have a few questions.

The digital odometer cuts out/in- I'm pretty sure it's a cold solder joint, and reasonably sure I can fix it.

A couple of the cluster lights are out- Going to replace them while I have the cluster out. I think the 194L bulbs fit ?? I'd like LEDs, but I read the LED bulbs turn the display blue. Can someone confirm this ?? I want to keep the green color.

Has anyone successfully installed an aftermarket screen display radio and kept the rest of the system stock ? Not looking to replace the factory amp, but just upgrade the speakers and sub, and keep the stock wiring. Hopefully there's a kit that has a harness that'll plug into the stock harness ?? I'll also likely install a backup camera in the future.

The backing is coming off the passenger mirror. Has anybody found a decent source for glass that has the heater and signal light ?? Can I just pop out the old glass/ backing plate, or is there another way to do it ?

As far as I can tell, that's all that's wrong with it. Thanks for the help !!!!

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed a Android head unit and kept all my original speakers amps etc. And it has a backup camera in it. It was pretty easy to do. Mine is an 08 not sure what a 99 has in it as far as dash opining. Mine is called a double DIN

radio1.jpg

OP
OP
tekrsq

tekrsq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I can fit a double DIN (I'm pretty sure), but it's wired a lot different. Haven't found a harness (for a decent radio) that will work....yet. I'm hoping somebody has already done it. lol.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed a Android head unit and kept all my original speakers amps etc. And it has a backup camera in it. It was pretty easy to do. Mine is an 08 not sure what a 99 has in it as far as dash opining. Mine is called a double DIN

View attachment 20719

How much? And got a link to what that unit is?

Any issues with it?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01