New Expedition Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I'm old school. Even with synthetic, I rarely go over 6k. At a total of $41.00 and 1/2 hour of my time, why push it. I know it's good out to 15k, but why push all that dirt through the engine. Sounds like you found the same guy on the filters I did. Don't be surprised if the boxes are a little worse for wear. But at 60 percent off retail, who needs boxes! I think that's what I paid about 10 months ago.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk
I ordered 6 ultra synthetics xg2s, from an ebay seller for $24. Boxes arrived smashed and torn. The black "sure grip", left a grit on filter flanges. It was like black sand. The seller refund my $24. All 6 are still sitting in my garage. There not going on my vehicle. I contacted Fram. They did not explain, what was wrong. I couple weeks later a box arrived with 6 new XG2s.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Say that's old school customer service. For a company to send 6 new products, that you bought at basically a fire sale! That's impressive. Sorry about your filters, mine were fine. Like I said a little banged up but usable.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Say that's old school customer service. For a company to send 6 new products, that you bought at basically a fire sale! That's impressive. Sorry about your filters, mine were fine. Like I said a little banged up but usable.

Yes, that was very cool, for Fram to do that. The XG2s from Ebay were listed as "new". The seller has many sizes and listings, all Fram. I went back and read feedback. There were other complaints, for same issue. I contacted Fram. They said there was no connection to seller and do not use them. One filter was actually dented. There must be something in the "sure grip" coating that flakes off if dropped. The new ones looked slightly different and had a seal on the box. The ultra synthetic line, are a very good high end filter. They are comparable to Ford Racing, Napa platinum, Purolator Boss and Mobil 1.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now I'm going to have to open the remaining 5 boxes and check them. I've had the first one on for about 5 months, haven't noticed anything, but why crawl up there anyway to check!