New Headlight Assembly with LED accent lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wegner44

Reaction score
Hello,
I am installing new headlights with LED accent lights into my 2003 Expedition XLT. I want the LED lights to turn on when my runnings lights are turned on. Can anyone help me identify the running light hot wire and ground wire to splice into?

Thanks!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used this amazon review to identify which wires to splice for mine (worked) -- but that was Anzos in 3rd gen

Dunno how relevant it will be for your case

Studio_20170606_212308.png

Sounds like the black wires are the grounds.

OP
OP
Wegner44

Wegner44

Reaction score
So I have been able to properly identify the wires as shown.

Green/White is the blinker/directional
Brown is running light
Black is ground

Pictures to follow soon when install is completeRunning light wiring.jpg

OP
OP
Wegner44

Wegner44

Reaction score
So here are the new headlights... LED Halo Rings and LED Accents across the top. I like the new look! Next is to replace the Running Lights with a dark smoked light so it blends in with the bumper. That will be sharp!Expy Headlights.jpg 20170616_161542.jpg Expy Headlights.jpg

Dara

Reaction score
What brand of headlights did you buy? I bought a set of Axioms from NOPI a few years ago that have terrible low beam lighting. Going to replace them now. DO yous have good lighting?

OP
OP
Wegner44

Wegner44

Reaction score
The low beams are ok, I would prefer more light for sure. The high beams are very good. Unfortunately I don't have the purchase info anymore. There are lots of options out there, take your time and read the reviews. Make the best informed decision you can. I do like the LED accents they add alot to the look. Good luck!