Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrXLT

Reaction score
Hey all! New member here from big truck/SUV country in the woods of SC. Just got my first ever truck, a 98 Expedition XLT and I love it. Got a lot of questions. Hopefully can get some help. Looking forward to chatting with other owners of these beasts!

David

OP
OP
M

MrXLT

Reaction score
Thanks! Upon just a little internet research and looking at the trucks different mechanicals I'm very pleased to see I've already answered most of my questions. I thought I was going to go through a big learning curve after transferring from a 98 Crown Vic I've owned and loved for 8 years (I know every inch of that car and the forums helped with most of that), but these trucks are a lot easier to figure out than I thought.

I discovered one cold night run to the store I had no heat. GREAT! A little research showed me it was the heater door or motor. After buying the upgraded Dorman door I actually found out it was the motor so ordered that, installed it and now have heat.

Tomorrow console gets cleaned (some soccer moms should really clean their and their kids spilled food and soft drinks!) and then reinstalled. Never had to ask a question on here.

Looking forward to many more smiles in this beast I'm just getting started with.

BTW - if anyone has any questions on that subject don't hesitate to ask me. No one I found anywhere on the internet had complete instructions or told the whole story about anything, from removing the console to dealing with the vent duct under the motor you have to remove. The answers are there they're just in frags all over the internet.

Maybe I'll do a write up here.

GalaxyPilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that would be awesome, eventually i need to change that motor underneath since I have no temp control anymore

welcome!

1ATony

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the site it's great to have you here

Tony

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank1971