New owner 4x4 and washer fluid issues help please winter coming.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian

Reaction score
Just bought a 2005 expedition XLT 107,000 miles and I have two issues that need to be fixed.

Issue one: My 4X4 high and low doesn't not seem like it is working.
When key is turned on 4x4h and 4x4l lights come on and then turn off.
When switching from 2wd to 4wdA I hear a faint click but no more clicks as you turn the switch to 4wdH and 4wdL. No lights come on the dash to say that it is in 4x4. All the fuses that I can see to be associated with 4wd are good. It seems that the vacuum system is working as when you switch from 2wd to 4wdh the hubs lock into the half shafts.(checked with front jacked up and truck running and spinning wheel). Any ideas on what could be the issue?

The other issue is I have no washer fluid to front or rear and the rear wiper is not working. All fuses are good. When front or rear buttons are pressed no voltage is going to the pump. Are there relays somewhere. My front wiper works but the rear wiper does not.

Im lost and don't want to just throw parts at it. Need it fixed soon.

Thanks
Brian

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum

Glad that you are smart enough to ask questions and wise enough not to be throwing parts into it.

What fuses did you check and how did you check them And Be careful how you answer

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK