New reverse light solution with pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your brain can handle the stress do a google search.

Or would you like to be lead by your hand??

Gramps, how many months is it gonna take for you to get a new hobby? Go haze some other noob, this obsession is getting kinda old.

If he mentioned WHAT flaps he had, I mustve missed it.

OP
OP
U

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks.

So, basic $60 project with huuuge safety improvement. Nice.

Ford should buy up ideas like these and implement em.

I have gotten alot of compliments on them locally, especially at Home Depot and Lowes. People want to know where I bought them and are flabbergasted that I made them myself. Even had guys ask permission to look at the wiring and crawled under the back of the truck and couldn't believe how simple it was.

I think there is a manufacturer that makes reverse light mudflaps but they seemed to be pretty low grade/quality.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Take some pics and let us know how you make out.

Well amazon messed up and the flaps came late, so much for one day shipping...AND i messed up too, and ordered only 1 piece of the LEDs

Question: is it supposed to be a fist-sized brick of a light with heavy heatsink weighing like a pound maybe??? Kinda nervous mountig em to flaps, even such solid ones...you have them on for a while and a lot of miles now? Is it structurally holding up?

OP
OP
U

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well amazon messed up and the flaps came late, so much for one day shipping...AND i messed up too, and ordered only 1 piece of the LEDs

Question: is it supposed to be a fist-sized brick of a light with heavy heatsink weighing like a pound maybe??? Kinda nervous mountig em to flaps, even such solid ones...you have them on for a while and a lot of miles now? Is it structurally holding up?

Those are the exact ones I have. They are kind of thick and heavy, but very stout. I hqve almost 10k miles on them with no issues at all. I did drill out the mounting holes and tap them for a larger bolt and washer on the wife's Exploder, but my Expedition has the standard stainless hardware it came with.

I'll take some better pics

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So no issues with the brick flying off and killing people yet?

OP
OP
U

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I forgot to mention I screwed up when I ordered the lights for the wife's Exploder; I got 6 led versus the 4 led version lights. The 6 led was too wide for her mudflaps, so I took the 4led off the Expedition and put the on her car and fit the 6led on the Expy. Pics follow;
Expedition:
IMG_0477.JPG IMG_0478.JPG IMG_0480.JPG

You can see the old holes from the 4led light. They are covered, so I don't care about them. Just make sure you make the hole for the wiring 'snug' so it compresses the rubber grommet and keeps it tight on the wire. As long as you keep the lights mounted low on the mudflap, they won't be blocked by the exhaust on passenger side.