New to Expedition - Ventilated seat filters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steven68502

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Buying my relative's 2003 Eddie Bauer tomorrow. Only 68,000 miles. Due to health reasons has pretty much been garaged for the past five years. Still has the factory plastic on the carpet. Anyway, I've done a lot of lurking and reasearching on this great site and think I know what to be checking on and what needs to get addressed right away. My question is about the seat filters. I did a search and came across a couple threads. I've done several internet searches but can't seem to find any filters for this rig. Should I even worry? I see other Motorcraft filters pop up but when I get to checking further I'm informed they won't fit on a 2003 Expedition. Just wonder what others have done. First thing I'm doing is new tires. That's a whole other story. Looking forward to getting some reliable use out of the rig. And looking forward to being back in a Ford product. Kinda funny. I bought a 2003 Ford Explorer back in 2003. Traded that off in 2006. Now 11 years later back in a 2003. Ok, I'll stop rambling.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My. 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 has the heated and cooled / ventilated front seats (heated 2nd row....).

The vehicle owner's manual has information on when to change the front seat ventilation filters., and the part number to use.

Did you check the vehicle owner's manual for the information you are seeking?

OP
OP
S

Steven68502

Reaction score
Hello there. Yes, I did check the manual. It shows how to replace the filter and tells you to check the scheduled maintenance guide which I did. But neither the manual or the guide actually gives a part number for the filter. When I check online all the seat filters I find are round. But the manual clearly shows a square filter. I guess I'll just wait until I pick it up later today and look at the filters already on there. Hopefully they will have a part number.

Update: I used different wording for my search and think I found what I'm looking for.

5.4T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just tossed them away. Work better without!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seat filters, really?
Just how deadly are your farts? I was under the impression that was the purpose behind power windows.

OP
OP
S

Steven68502

Reaction score
Checked the filters. My uncle must have never used the ventilated seats. The filters were very clean. Still don't know the part number. They are much smaller than I was picturing.