New to me 2016 EL Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbrawny

Reaction score
Hello All,

I started learning from your posts in this forum over a month ago as I began my search for a new 8 passenger family vehicle with significant towing capacity. I obviously found what I needed in a used Expedition.

Brought it home two weeks ago and we have been getting to know it. It was an Enterprise rental vehicle with almost 50k mi, had a few cosmetic issues, and has clearly never been used for towing. Traded in the 'we used to have 2 kids' Honda CRV and my wife's old commuter Scion iQ for it.

Thanks to several helpful threads and some pretty quick parts delivery from the new Ford website, I have fixed two broken interior plastic parts in the seats, upgraded my Sync to v2.3, and installed the USB Hub upgrade access Carplay, which is AWESOME! So siked to have quick voice access to Apple Maps, Spotify, and so much more.

I am now in the market for a travel trailer to handle our gaggle of children, a 3 yr old Newfy, my wife and I. So the travel trailer posts have also been SO helpful as I continue my search. Already learned quite a bit about what this ********* Truck can handle how to equip it for towing.

Finally, THANK YOU to everyone that contributes to the forum to help me learn about the model and its capabilities. I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences here, to help others as well.

********* Truck.jpg

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Nice truck! And welcome to the Expy family! There is a tremendous amount of good and useful info on this forum, for sure.

How did your Newfy ever fit into a iQ or CRV!? LOL

outsideDad

Reaction score
I bought same truck back in sept. Moved up from a caravan that our family of 5 outgrew.
So far love the truck.
Trying to get something to tow. Sold our old pop-up in august and waiting to find our next rig.
Toying with a boat idea.
Good luck

Sent from my TM785M3 using Tapatalk

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice vehicle. Mine is the same year, EL XLT in Silver, and also a previous rental.