New to us 2000 Expy Eddie Bauer with 5.4L misc issues. Advice please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ganchan

Reaction score
I bought this same trim/year a few months back, and I'm very impressed with it so far. I've taken it on extended trips from San Antonio to Denver, Albuquerque and Phoenix. Gonna take it to New Orleans next. All the power I need, and always starts on a dime. My only concern is with the rear differential; I need to change the fluid and make sure everything is all right back there. Otherwise A-OK.

All right, one other caveat: the 2nd-row child safety locks keep drifting up into Lock mode, which is a pain when you're trying to make use of all the doors easily. Trying to figure out a solution to that....

Last edited:

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MedicMoe

Reaction score
the 2nd-row child safety locks keep drifting up into Lock mode, which is a pain when you're trying to make use of all the doors easily. Trying to figure out a solution to that....

I had the same issue on the driver side rear door. I ended up putting in a piece of wood to prevent it to go into the child lock mode. let me know if you find a better solution.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I threaded a screw into the area above to keep my child locks from engaging.

you dont want to break your locks, they are pain to change on many vehicles, probably the expedition too.
after time, plastic components that absorb the shock of a blocked lock may wear

OP
OP
D

DWhitley

Reaction score
Finally got through all my locks and latches. So far I ducked a bullet. All of them were minor issues. Thoroughly cleaned and lubricated them and now they work. One had a slightly bent rod that I had to adjust.

2000 Expedition Eddie Bauer Edition

OP
OP
D

DWhitley

Reaction score
Well I cannot believe how I missed the obvious for so darn long. Yes I listened to past owner. I know I shouldn’t have done that. I got the suspension light to go off. Really simple. Turn on the switch under panel on right side. ****. Light off. Even though converted. So I guess the previous owner did something right.

Also fixed the sunroof rear channel and sunshade. That took a bit. I had to straighten the passenger side guide piece. Looked like a twisted mess at first. Now it works. Hopefully for a while.

Plati

Reaction score
6. These constant on interior lights bug me to no end. I am wondering the best location to tap the courtesy circuit so that I can install an override switch....
2003 XLT. My interior lights ON have been an intermittent problem also, over the years - especially after car wash (which I stopped doing) and freezing cold causes driver door not to latch.

I just use that roller wheel brightness "switch".
Turn it all the way down, when she misbehaves
Do you need another one besides that?

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DWhitley

Reaction score
I just don’t like not having control over the lights. Don’t want to flip latches all the time to kill them. Since I got this used, there are things not working and I have long electrical diags to do. If I can just throw a switch and turn them all off it would be best.

Kevmobile

Reaction score
Try getting a new headlight switch. I recommend one from a Navigator, as they are color-matched. That could be the issue if you unplug the switch, and the interior lights are still illuminated.

P.S. You need the one with only one scroll-wheel, the ones with two are for a different model-year. Ask the seller to clarify before you buy it.