NMRA Nationals at MIR, May 3-5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWAGGA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll be there Friday-Sunday, planning on bringing the Expedition but not running... maybe test-and-tune on Friday night, just for fun.

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I'll be there Friday-Sunday, planning on bringing the Expedition but not running... maybe test-and-tune on Friday night, just for fun.

See if you can get some shell urt advanced if you plan to make a pass or two. The track will load it up a bit more than you typically see on the street. You will see the highest loads at the top end of the track of course. This will test your tune....

We should see if we can hook up at some point. Would like to check out your Expy. :)

SWAGGA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's still a work in progress... but yeah, hit me up, you should have my #

I hope the weather forecast holds true... 72/73 and no rain all 3 days!

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
It was nice to meet Ray... aka SWAGGA and check out his expy. Sounded sweet! Can't wait to see the results when the exhaust gets worked out.

There was a lot of high dollar rigs, mustangs, lightnings etc. there. More so than other ford events I have been too. I assume because its a nationally organized event racers travel further to attend. Also got to see a jet car make a pass. My first time seeing one...fairly loud and impressive. I was waiting for the tower windows to break because you could really see them move with each burst of the afterburner. But I would have to say top fuel is still much louder not to mention quicker.

I only wish I could have been there today (Sunday) for the final eliminations.. :(

Last edited:

SWAGGA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice to meet you too Tom and see your expy. There were several comments from the stands such as "Holy crap, is that expedition?" lol

It was a fun event, we went back for a few hours Sunday, but our lightning friends got eliminated (one red lighted) so we left early afternoon. That guy we were talking to with the Red lightning with the big whipple was already trailering his when we got there... I was curious to see what he ran, I'm guessing too fast for not having the nhra license.