no blow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkspaz

Reaction score
2008, 26000 miles. Having another issue, so I thought I would add it. The rear vents to not blow any air, Hot or cold, any switch setting. Any help would be great

mfeezy

Reaction score
No rear AC blow

I have this exact same issue on my 2008 EL Limited with 45,000 miles. It just stopped working about 2 weeks ago. No matter what fan setting or temperature setting, nothing blows out of the rear AC and you can't hear the blower motor on. I do hear slight clicks from the rear passenger side where all of the rear AC components are when I change the fan speed on the controls, but nothing else.

I'm thinking that's it's one of the following: the blower motor, the blower motor resistor, or one of the rear actuators. Because of the sound, I'm leaning toward an actuator and hoping it's not the motor.

Has anyone else had this issue and diagnosed it? My next step will be to pull the paneling off in the rear to get a look at which part is clicking then change it out. But that doesn't look like fun...

mfeezy

Reaction score
I got into the rear AC area this evening and determined that the clicking I hear is a relay. I didn't even know there was a relay box back there, but there were about 7 of them in a box at the very rear of the passenger side. I swapped a couple to see if a relay was bad but it made no difference. I also now think it's the blower motor and will look into a replacement.

mfeezy

Reaction score
Mine is not under warranty - it's a 2008 with 45k miles. And the OP has a 2008 also.

But I got back in the rear AC area tonight and tested voltage and proper ground to the blower motor wiring harness. All was correct so the diagnosis had to be a bad blower motor. But when I plugged the harness back in, up started the blower motor! And it continues to work. I can only hope it was a bad connection and not the blower motor starting to go out on me.

The good thing is that it's actually pretty easy to access the rear AC components by only pulling off a few trim pieces. If I do have to replace the blower motor it won't be too bad.