No rear heat or ac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjr71

Reaction score
just bought a 2002 Eddie Bauer with climate control and rear ac and heat from a guy I work wth. He said that when his friend installed a new radio the rear heat and ac stopped working. I have checked all fuses and they are all good. Is there something behind dash near the radio that would kill power to both rear heat and ac. I see that the ac seems to have a separate blower than the heat so how could both be affected?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum

How good are you at troubleshooting electrical problems?
Do you have a volt meter or test lamp?

OP
OP
R

rjr71

Reaction score
Can't find my test lamp must have left it in the trunk of the car I gave to my son last week I will try to grab one tomorrow.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Volt meter would be better

How did you test fuses?

Does the rear blower work?

The main front controls must be in any position other than off for the rear to work.

Do you have the owners manual?

OP
OP
R

rjr71

Reaction score
The guy who did ball joints for me tested fuses. Said they were all good. I do have the owners manual and I tried all positions on the front main. There seems to be no power at all to rear nothing to blower on the floor or top vents. I can grab my fluke meter from from work tomorrow. I was wondering if there could be something that just got unplugged accidentally that could kill power all together to the back.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Possible If the connector on the back off the controls was disconnected.

Can you read and understand wiring diagrams

OP
OP
R

rjr71

Reaction score
Don't think I could read wiring diagrams. I'll bring tester home tomorrow. I see where the blower motor and resistor is in the back left panel is there another one to check as well. And what else do I need to check. Is there anything up front?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does the expy have a sun roof

You would need to check voltage at fuses and at the control switches and will depend if you have sun roof or not as there is a difference in the circuits.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rjr71

Reaction score
Ok thanks will do after work and it does not have a sunroof

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK Camping weekend I will be on and off but will catch up with you I always have computer and prints with me

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360