No signal from brake stop light to tekonsha brake controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dwilds

Reaction score
Having a hell of a time troubleshooting an issue with a brake controller. I installed a Tekonsha P3 to the factory pigtail on my 2003 Expy XLT using a plug and play Ford-to-tekonsha harness. The controller will activate the brakes when the manual lever is used on the controller but not automatically when braking the Expy. All lights work on the trailer and all applicable fuses on the Expy are confirmed good.(all tail lights work)
I had a local trailer shop check the factory pigtail and there is no signal coming from the stoplight switch which activates the controller. The diagnostic stoplight screen on the brake controller shows a constant 0 volts when pressing the brake pedal. The local trailer shop said the next step is to have The Ford dealer diagnose. Would like to avoid a 100 dollar dealer diagnostic fee.
Anyone ever see a similar issue?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look on print 90-04 on left side of print you will see C213 which is located behind the drivers side kick panel See print 151-20 and 150-23

You need to check if you have 12 volts into and out of that connector when the brake pedal is pressed

Attachments

• 90-04.pdf
    29.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 95-03.pdf
    24.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 151-20.pdf
    62.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 150-23.pdf
    18.4 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics