no start /start check engine lite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

detailer03

Reaction score
2001 5.4 Eddie Bauer 150K
Hot start....
went to start, fired right up. Stalled. tried starting, too 3 times. Started check engine lite came on. Ran good.
Went to Orielys to have codes checked. All sorts of errors, no speed reading, cranking, just nothing to pin point.
Went home, disconnected battery for a couple of minutes.
Started right up, no check engine lite.
I do not drive the truck very often. It can sit for a week or two then I will use it, and its parked.
When this happened I drove about 20 miles. Parked, turned it off, started drove about 500 feet, parked and came out to leave 30 minutes. Then this happened.
I am second owner.

Thanks for the help.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It would help if you can post ALL of the codes that came up.

By disconnecting the battery you most likely cleared the codes and now all you will get is a P1000 Drive Cycle Not Completed.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They did not give me the codes. I think I will splurge on a code reader.

$12 amazon Panlong ELM327 reads and clears codes off my Expy just fine

Bought it over a year ago, no issues w/ Ford (bit unstable w/ my bimmer for whatever reason though)

Auto stores selling basic ancient readers for $100-200 & up seems to be an old, silent collusion on the part of the industry to mystify obfuscate and intimidate... to keep you coming back & make it easier to sell you shit

OP
OP
D

detailer03

Reaction score
I have a good or somewhat good reader analyzer. No codes everything reads good. I am thinking fuel pump starting to go bad