no start when hot.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike206

Reaction score
Same issue on my 01 5.4. Started first time fine, run for 10 minutes or so, key off, then no start. Solution was new fuel pump. +++++ on fp check when cranking & not starting :)

OP
OP
Charles Musick

Charles Musick

Reaction score
Finally got to fuel pressure test. The pressure holds at 15 psi idling, slight increase on rev. Specs are 28-45. With the key in on position not running it pumps up to 8-9 psi; specs 35-45. The spec info is from just answer . com Shawn, Auto Service Technician. I'm assuming it is correct. I'm ordering FP now. I'll retest and scan and post update.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Charles, your posts will help others. Sounds like your fuel pump was overheating when hot, glad you got it figured out. Our members are very professional and were out to save you money, and make a mechanic out of you, good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson

Reaction score
Fuel Pressure regulator on top of the engine. Make sure the vacuum line on each end of the regulator are functioning.