No trailer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thunderjet

Reaction score
Truck is a 2017 Limited with tow hauling package and built in brake controller. Connected the wiring, lights work, went through the steps to set everything up. Yet everytim I hit the brake controller to see if the gain is correct it says no trailer. Also none of the bars light up in the trailer hauling window on the dash.
No issues with the trailer/boat when towing it with my Tundra. Brake controller worked fine.
What am I missing? Or doing incorrectly?

OP
OP
T

Thunderjet

Reaction score
If you plug in the trailer does something Light up saying the trailer is detected?

After fishing all day got in to back the trailer down the boat ramp. Said trailer detected. So I hit the brake controller to see what was going one. This triggered a display saying "trailer disconnected"

WTF is going on?

Last edited:

KonaBean

Reaction score
If you plug in the trailer does something Light up saying the trailer is detected?
Yes it does. If it doesn't pop up automatically you can go to "Trailer" on your display and find it there. You should see a display saying either "Trailer Connected" or "Trailer Disconnected". If your trailer wiring is connected and your display says "Trailer Disconnected" and you know there is nothing wrong with your wiring, I would go to the Ford dealer.