Not ANOTHER Engine Noise Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Notrega

Notrega

Reaction score
the boot just pulls off the coil

Well damn - The boot did not come out with the coil... I will have to pull the coil again and get the boot out... may just replace it because I had to tug hard to get the coil out. I imagine that it will tear...

rJQvtzS.jpg

OP
OP
Notrega

Notrega

Reaction score
OK I'm not a patient guy... Drove it today and picked up a new boot, spring and some grease. I put it in and drove it around. The idle is better and almost all of the stutter is gone but what stutter IS there is harder if that makes sense. Also when I got into it hard it sounds like what I can only describe as quiet popping from the back of the engine.

It only threw the code twice - the CEL blinks but won't stay on...

I plan to drive it this week and the next. Before I tackle replacing the plug or messing with the injector.

Thoughts?

kb0jfg

Reaction score
OK I'm not a patient guy... Drove it today and picked up a new boot, spring and some grease. I put it in and drove it around. The idle is better and almost all of the stutter is gone but what stutter IS there is harder if that makes sense. Also when I got into it hard it sounds like what I can only describe as quiet popping from the back of the engine.

It only threw the code twice - the CEL blinks but won't stay on...

I plan to drive it this week and the next. Before I tackle replacing the plug or messing with the injector.

Thoughts?
You might check the plugs and make sure they are tightened to specs. If it sounds like a light exhaust leak I would check the plugs like I suggested. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01