Not turning over with key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AaronMoss72

Reaction score
Good Morning!

My expedition was running great until Friday afternoon when i went to start it on my lunch hour it wouldn't turn over. Battery and starter are fine. I am able to start it by jumping the two bolts on the firewall with the solenoid using a pair of pliers. I tested the solenoid and it has power from the ignition best i can tell. Anyone had this issue too?

Thanks!

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You stated " I tested the solenoid and it has power from the ignition best i can tell"

Saying best you can tell sounds like a guess How did you test it and what was the voltage?

OP
OP
AaronMoss72

AaronMoss72

Reaction score
You stated " I tested the solenoid and it has power from the ignition best i can tell"

Saying best you can tell sounds like a guess How did you test it and what was the voltage?

I used a simple hand tester to make sure it was getting power to it. I did not test the voltage, I can check that and get back to you. Thank you!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357