O2 Sensor? 03 EX 4.6l

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thepatriot76

Reaction score
After reading every post I could find on idle problems, I went up to Advanced and had it checked. The computer said that both O2 sensors needed replacing. (It read O2 front and back) I don't know a lot about these things so my question is are they easy to replace and if so where are they? Thanks for any and all help

Grasshopper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't think that code readers specifically mentioned O2 sensors. Do you know the exact codes that the reader gave?

Parts stores should not be trusted when they do codes. O2 sensors may not be the fix. They want to sell you something.

I would get the codes and post them up. There are guys here that know codes and can help interpret.

But....if it is a sensor, yeah, they shouldn't be hard to fix. You can borrow the tool/wrench that makes getting the sensor out MUCH easier. It's just unscrewing the sensor and disconnecting the plug.

Last edited:

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bank 1 & 2?

Hmmm... yea, I'd say try to go back and have them give you the actual code. Don't the lean/rich codes also have "bank 1/2" in them?

Either way, at 100k miles, it might be time to change the O2 sensors regardless.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ihave a hard time beleving that all the o2 sensors are out.
Before you start spending money on parts you dont need
post the codes here..

mustangswan

Reaction score
There are many, many things that can give O2 sensor codes. Please get the exact codes and post them. Wait to spend your money.