o2 sensor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt06expy

Reaction score
I have a 2006 expedition 4wd Eddie Bauer, last year I had a misfire happen on cylinder 2 so I ended up having to change the spark plugs since it was at 145k miles. Also changed coil, and injector on cylinder as well as the o rings on the rest of the injectors and it ran great afterwards. My question is after this was done, my check engine light came on and it reads pre cat bank 1, I've been told it's the passenger side cat needing to be changed, but also that it could be the o2 sensor? Any input is much appreciated. Thank you

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How long was the engine misfiring before you repaired it? A misfiring engine (flashing check-engine light) can quickly damage a catalytic converter.

I would change the oxygen sensor first, clear the code, and see if the code returns. What code(s) did you retrieve?

OP
OP
M

matt06expy

Reaction score
It happened late night after work and I drove it to a friends house where it was fixed. I don't remember exactly what code number it says I'm going to scan it hopefully tomorrow and refresh my memory but i was going to change the sensor and see what happens before I spend $1,400 on a cat since mine is in California