OBDII reader

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The most common fix for the two codes you got are that elbow. You or your mechanic may want to replace the hose that connects from the pcv to the intake. If that doesn't fix your two codes have him smoke the intake system and see if you have other leaks. I'm not a big fan of anything aftermarket when it comes to electronics. The majority of electrical issues on this forum were narrowed down to either a shoddy install, from a tech that didn't know the ramifications of just finding a hot lead and tapping into it. You saw what happens with a poor install of just one wire.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2000 Ford Focus had a vacuum leak issue. First dealer charged me $300 to fix, second dealer $200, third dealer charged me $80 and showed me the $30 hose that was rubber but up against a hot engine part. Problem was it kept melting a hole in the hose. The third dealer is who I bought my Expedition from 12 years later.

Bruce Mitchell

Reaction score
I had the same codes. Changed fuel filter. Cleared codes with my $15 reader. That was a year and 10K miles ago. Don't forget that filter.

OP
OP
P

Plati

Reaction score
Day 5: My GREAT local shop (Deweys in Fairport) cleared the codes then I drove it around for ~30 miles on a variety of roads including about 15 starts in various places - SES light did not return. Then they did the NYS inspection (passed) and repaired that remote start hack job wire, said the injector wire it was connected to was compromised by the previous hackjob. They put on a new harness segment with new connector and soldered the wire splices. Looks great, better than I could have done. Charged me $60 & I gave them $40 extra to buy TK's pizza for the crew. Nice to have the old Girl back in the driveway. Hopefully no more SES light for that reason anyway.
IMG_0456.JPG

I did put in my third replacement fuel filter a year ago 3K miles.

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad your up and running right, and passed your inspection! Here in California we have only bi annual smog tests. Your fix is an example of a tech that just didn't understand what tapping in to wherever you see hot 12 volt power for a new accessory can do. On this forum alone, I think it's been close to 6-8 examples, that our resident electrical gurus had to talk them through. I wish these Yahoo's would just install their alarms/stereos/or newest electrical item, correctly. Problem is bosses want maximum profit, and don't care about comebacks. My shops had less than a 5 percent return rate for dissatisfaction. We only learned one way, do it right!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

Plati

Reaction score
I rcvd my https://bafxpro.com/products/obdreader
and installed the Torque Lite ... Andoid app on my smartphone
plugged it in and paired up the Bluetooth

I can see there are no codes logged ... in the 2003 Expy

Now I have to watch the video's and study up on what I can do with this new toy!