Oil Filter Housing Gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LAexpy

Reaction score
On one of my recent drips to Lake Tahoe to visit my parents, I noticed that I have an oil leak - it seemed to be just a few drips. After returning back to SoCal after a week's time, I checked my oil and it was low by 1/5 quartz.

Checking under the Expy, it seems that the oil leak is coming from around the aluminum oil filter housing. An online search for this suggests that it (the housing) is a common location for oil leaks.

Is this as straight forward as some Youtube videos make out to be?

As my Expy is 24 years-old, any suggestions for other gaskets that I may want to change out?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 2011 it's an easy job, but a bit of a PITA to reach, especially if you have 4WD.

OP
OP
LAexpy

LAexpy

Reaction score
see if you can tighten it up a bit by hand.

maybe was just seated a bit loose.

It's never leaked before, but I suspect that it's been a slow leak for some time now. It is 20+ years-old, so I'm gonna bet the seals have just worn.

Ramon Triton

Reaction score
ah wait, i might have misunderstood.

i thought you meant the oil filter itself was leaking where it attaches to the truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69