ok well here goes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpcmngr69

Reaction score
Ok well im new to the site and havent found anything about lifting a setup like mine ive gone to a couple tranny shops around here and a couple off road centers and pretty much been told i cant lift my truck at all anyone have any idea why.

Its an 01 expy a4wd no air suspension 175k on the 5.4 but it has the movable petals which i was told i cant suspension lift with and the way i drive a body lift would be a bad idea. But still might be do able.

Any and all help would be appreciated i just want her to be different lol.:D

I was also told i couldnt change the wheel size with the a4wd system because i will most likely kill the a4w system.

Last edited:

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
as for the tire size as long as the front and rear tires are the same size you will be fine... i dont understand why you cant do a suspension lift that dont make sense... others will chime in and shine some light i hope

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i havve an 01 EB with the adjustable pedals as well. i have a rancho 4" lift on and i have no problems. i am also running 18's with 35" tires and my AWD is just fine. if you go with rancho you will be fine. i have also talked with others and a fabtech 6" lift shouldnt be a problem either. sometimes you get driveline vibration but if you do, they have another part you can order to help eliminate that. hope that helps.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i couldnt see why you cant lift just cause of the moveable peddles i think some shops just dont want to put a lift on

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes you can lift a AWD... got a 99 with 11" and 37s and zero problems minus bad MPG...lol but I have a 6" Fabtech Suspension, 3" Body Lift,and 2" spacer/leveling kit.... I don't have adjustable pedals but have lifted a few trucks with them... last one was my dad's 04 F150 did a 3" body lift and had no problems... I believed DGray69 has power pedals..... he has a 3" body lift and a spacer/leveling kit in a 01 AWD expy....

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just noticed you were in PA... you going to bloomsburg 4x4 jamboree July 9-10-11... me and DGray are trying to go... I am 90% certain I will be there

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i just did a compleate lift within the last few months, and they lied to you you can lift them i have electric pedals, i did the 2/3 level lift then a 3 inch body lift, there is a steel pin you may or maynot have to bend but mine didnt need it, and other than body rott from new york winters it went very well i was solo, no help and got er done, i recomend getting help with body lift can be done alone but a pain in the a$$, only reason i did mine alone was becouse i am not new to these mods, i am 89.9 % sure ill be at nats, unless walnuts hits a bump and i cant hold on, reason shops get away from lifting power pedal trucks is due to the altering of the pedal, alot of insurace companies prevent these shops from doing this mod due to the bending of the pin, but 80% do not need pin bent

Last edited: