Only bottom half of cooled seats working...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone else experience this and know a fix?
I use the cooled seats every day and seems like only the bottom portion is cooling and not the top.
I've experienece the entire system not working in previous trucks but not only half the seat.
Any ideas?

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was it working before

If you unzip the seat cover on the back side
You can get to the foam ducting
Carefully blow it out
Low pressure air. Remove filter first .
It's usually the small holes get clogged with gunk from clothing

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think to add to that....there is a section in the owners manual about replacing the seat filter. I'm guessing there is some ductwork as PB describes. Is it really foam duct? Regardless, look for any break in the duct because air will flow though the easiest path so if there is any break, seal it because it will pour out there instead of being forced through the high-static(resistance) of the small holes in the seat covers.

jeff

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yep its a molded channel in the foam,
plus a few small hose sections.
f150 2015 and 16 had a tsb on the same issue, i assume our seats are 99% same same
and running the seat at middle speeds seems to work better, maybe because of saturation of cold air, vice flowing through at higher speed

OP
OP
Yoop33

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just played with it a bit and seems almost too simple to do a decent job. The air just doesn't seem to have enough pressure to begin with and isn't as cold as I'd like, but then there is a gap between the duct and the seat so unless you're sitting in the seat and applying pressure to push the back against the duct, no air will come thru the seat... which I guess is the point but doesn't really allow you to cool the seat before sitting in it which I'd like to do on some days.
Also, there seems to only be two 1/4 inch holes from the duct thru the form and to the leather that ALL the air is expected to pass thru and then be distributed thru the whole back rest of the seat. Just doesn't seem efficient.
If there was more pressure and it was colder it would probably be fine. But right now I can't feel it much at all.

I'll have to look for the filters and consider changing those

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just played with it a bit and seems almost too simple to do a decent job. The air just doesn't seem to have enough pressure to begin with and isn't as cold as I'd like, but then there is a gap between the duct and the seat so unless you're sitting in the seat and applying pressure to push the back against the duct, no air will come thru the seat... which I guess is the point but doesn't really allow you to cool the seat before sitting in it which I'd like to do on some days.
Also, there seems to only be two 1/4 inch holes from the duct thru the form and to the leather that ALL the air is expected to pass thru and then be distributed thru the whole back rest of the seat. Just doesn't seem efficient.
If there was more pressure and it was colder it would probably be fine. But right now I can't feel it much at all.

I'll have to look for the filters and consider changing those
super charge the fan....:driver:

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone else experience this and know a fix?
I use the cooled seats every day and seems like only the bottom portion is cooling and not the top.
I've experienece the entire system not working in previous trucks but not only half the seat.
Any ideas?

I was wondering if you were able to fix the issue with your seats. I'm having the same problem with a 2013 Navigator. Thanks