Opinions on wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knox GSL

Reaction score
I have those wheels on my expy, 20x10 -25mm if you have the 3/2lift and run a 32.5x12 they fit well, I would go with a -12mm if you go with a taller tire. We have a 305/50/20. I would go with chrome, it'll resist salt better than powder coating will.
IMG_20171225_161853886_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I have those wheels on my expy, 20x10 -25mm if you have the 3/2lift and run a 32.5x12 they fit well, I would go with a -12mm if you go with a taller tire. We have a 305/50/20. I would go with chrome, it'll resist salt better than powder coating will.
View attachment 24233
I run 35x 11.50s and I’ve only got about 1/2” to 3/4” of extra room before I start rubbing either the front bumper or electric running boards so a -12 won’t work bc that’s almost two inches of moving the tire farther out

Knox GSL

Reaction score
I run 35x 11.50s and I’ve only got about 1/2” to 3/4” of extra room before I start rubbing either the front bumper or electric running boards so a -12 won’t work bc that’s almost two inches of moving the tire farther out
Maybe a 20x9 with +12mm then. That would be sharp with chrome although the look changes a lot once you get into positive offsets. Mine rubbed a little before trimming.

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Had Gear Alloy 713MB Double Pump on my white 2012 Ram. I'll be putting the same wheels on my black 2017 Limited soon.View attachment 24248
That looks sweet! Black and chrome is just enough to go with what the ex has. Very cool. I lean more towards black bc I absolutely hate how the OEM wheels look with pitting and brake dust, and they never feel clean to me even after spending 20-30 minutes per wheel

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man that thing looks mean! I'm surprised they don't stick out more being a +1 offset. Got any more pics?? I've got the wheel I want picked out, I just can't decide on the offset.

Here's more of a down the side shot. The protrusion isn't as far out as it appears from this angle. If you look straight down the side, the rear tires are right about even with the outside of the trim. +1 so, if you're going with a 12.5" tire, you can imagine a -12 offset sticking out about a half inch more, a -24" offset about an inch more, and a -44 close to 2 inches more.

IMG_6883.JPG

sixsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's more of a down the side shot. The protrusion isn't as far out as it appears from this angle. If you look straight down the side, the rear tires are right about even with the outside of the trim. +1 so, if you're going with a 12.5" tire, you can imagine a -12 offset sticking out about a half inch more, a -24" offset about an inch more, and a -44 close to 2 inches more.

Yeah that's not bad at all. I wouldn't run that wide of a tire either so it might be less than that. I wonder if anything has changed and if it would look different on my '15?

Either way the ones I was looking at comes in a 20x9 +18 or a 20x9 0. I've seen the 0 offset ones on a 2014 F150 and they stuck out a good bit that why I was surprised it didn't stick out that much on yours. A guy I work with just put some 20x10 -19 on his '15 F150 and they stick out a good bit, a little too much for my liking.

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah that's not bad at all. I wouldn't run that wide of a tire either so it might be less than that. I wonder if anything has changed and if it would look different on my '15?

Either way the ones I was looking at comes in a 20x9 +18 or a 20x9 0. I've seen the 0 offset ones on a 2014 F150 and they stuck out a good bit that why I was surprised it didn't stick out that much on yours. A guy I work with just put some 20x10 -19 on his '15 F150 and they stick out a good bit, a little too much for my liking.

I did a quick check and it looks like a +44 offset is pretty standard for the Expeditions so assuming hub to outer fender distances are about the same you should see the same type of protrusion with a 12.5" tire. And you're right... with a narrower tire and same offset, the tire won't stick out as much. Some people run spacers to get their tires out further than what the normal offset would run. An easy way to get a wider stance without having to get new wheels.

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I’m going to take the front wheels off this week and throw some washers on the studs to see how far out I can get them without any major running or cutting required. Just got the 35s about a month ago so they will be around for a while so I got figure out what is gonna work without causing major issues

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Once functionality is achieved (and the OEM wheels to this for the vast majority of us) wheels are largely decorative and should compliment the styling. If someone walks by and says "Nice wheels." you know you blew it. The response you want is "Nice truck!"

Not unique to vehicles. You want folks to say "Nice house." rather than "Nice landscaping."

-- Chuck