Ordering Max

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I called my local Ford dealer and spoke with the parts guy. His Dad just bought a 2018 Platinum and it does come with load leveling shocks standard. Kinda puts the lie to the threads that bad mouth the 2018 vs 2017 because of squat when towing.

OP
OP
P

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure what that means, as it was available as an option on the 2017s, and appears to be OEM on the 2018s.

OP
OP
P

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's not a compressor, it's a mechanical shock. Like the Nivomat, developed by Sachs.

OP
OP
P

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, I like it. Max, white platinum, 4x4, XLT with 201A and floor mats. Don't need bells and whistles to hunt and fish. OTD for less than MSRP on the base Max 4x4 XLT.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Still not convinced. I haven’t seen anything that proves it has this technology. I have not seen any ZF literature stating they offer both technologies together. CDC and Nivomat. One thing is for sure is that the Expedition does use the ZF CDC technology. Someone find some proof! Would be interested to know. Whether it does or doesn’t, the Nivomat technology is pretty damn innovative!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even with load leveling, i thought a common complaint for the last gen expys was that even with the option it wouldnt level the vehicle? That or ppl didnt know how to work their lls? Could be the same for these. I do remember that lls was std in 2014, then becane an option in 2015 to 2017. Its weird that its not even std, but i dnt need it.

OP
OP
P

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The mechanical LLS is automatic, but passive. There's nothing to learn. That's why it's so nice.