Ordering Max

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
CCD is great!! Well worth the money. And all that comfort while sitting on them dubs!!! As far as sport, we use it everyday! This is where I live! People don’t believe me when I tell them we do not have a straight road. The handling of this big ole sumbitch will surprise you.8qQoJLI.png

OP
OP
P

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a BMW 528i with a manual transmission and the Sport/Premium package. I don't think you could keep up. I had it at 120MPH sustained on the autobahn....on cruise control. Plus BMW R1100Rs, two of them. I'll tow my boat to the coast, and fill it with decoys and go to Canada to hunt geese in the Expedition. Horses for courses.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a BMW 528i with a manual transmission and the Sport/Premium package. I don't think you could keep up. I had it at 120MPH sustained on the autobahn....on cruise control. Plus BMW R1100Rs, two of them. I'll tow my boat to the coast, and fill it with decoys and go to Canada to hunt geese in the Expedition. Horses for courses.

LOL, I wasn’t insinuating that it could! I was simply stating that we live in the mountains at 4,000 ft elevation where the roads are very curvy. The sport mode really makes a huge difference! With a 6,000 lb 7/8 passenger SUV, it can rock back and forth through the alternating curves. CCD does a great job of battling that as well as providing a Cadillac ride on the freeway. As I said, well worth the money, IMO.
But I’m glad your old beemer will beat my Expedition through the twisties, I would be worried if it didn’t! But if you ever want to bring it over and get embarrassed, please do, ive got toys too!

OP
OP
P

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LOL, I wasn’t insinuating that it could! I was simply stating that we live in the mountains at 4,000 ft elevation where the roads are very curvy. The sport mode really makes a huge difference! With a 6,000 lb 7/8 passenger SUV, it can rock back and forth through the alternating curves. CCD does a great job of battling that as well as providing a Cadillac ride on the freeway. As I said, well worth the money, IMO.
But I’m glad your old beemer will beat my Expedition through the twisties, I would be worried if it didn’t! But if you ever want to bring it over and get embarrassed, please do, ive got toys too!

Many years ago (late 90's, early 2000's) there was a very entertaining article in the BMW MOA magazine by a guy on an airhead riding Deal's Gap, the Cherohola Skyway, Tail of the Dragon, etc. Wish I could find it. I understand the riding back there is awesome, too bad it's so far away. Funny, your mountains are 4000'. The Great Salt Lake is 4200', my house is at 4500', the mountain I see when I walk out my front door is over 9000'.

Yep, our E39 is old, as in 19 years old this year. Recognized by BMW aficionados as one of the very best 5's they ever built, though. Can't find anything we like better. Couple of years ago we drove Hwy 20 from Fort Bragg, CA, to Willits. Incredible road, redwoods and ferns line the curvy, recently resurfaced and perfect asphalt.

OP
OP
P

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not so much. Looks like edizzle lives in rural North Carolina, and is in or near country famous for it's roads. I can see why he likes the CCD. I will be traveling long distances on Interstates, pulling a boat and/or hauling lots of gear, so it's not important to me.

07xln, any way you can clarify if the LLS is standard on non-CCD units? Obviously, the CCD shocks will have servos, etc, which non CCD shocks won't. Maybe I'll chat with Ford again today. Anybody trailer with a standard 2018, or can anybody with a non-CCD model post a photo of the rear shocks?

Last edited:

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if the base models have LLS and the CCD equipped models dont. Im trading this ************* in!!!!

OP
OP
P

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, I just chatted with Amy at the Chat Center. She's telling me that the information is not available in their resources, that she is sending my inquiry on to the Brand Manager, and I should have an answer in 7-10 business days. What BS. She said she is in contact with Shannon. She also said she is in the United States. Not sure I believe her, and wonder why the two reps aren't on the same page. I liked Shannon better.

Funny, e. Makes sense they're mutually exclusive, though. It may also explain why they wouldn't talk about it, as people would know they're giving up LLS if they go with the CCD.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i forgot to put the smiley wink faces after my post. i was totally kidding!! yes i would love to know i had LLS, but realistically would never need it. I would much rather have the CCD if i had to choose. still very interested to know.

OP
OP
P

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i forgot to put the smiley wink faces after my post. i was totally kidding!! yes i would love to know i had LLS, but realistically would never need it. I would much rather have the CCD if i had to choose. still very interested to know.

I knew that.:waytogo: Yep, the CCD would be better in your situation. For my purposes the LLS would be preferable. Not a big deal either way. I'm buying it because I can use the extra interior volume and it's a lot more truck than my 2008. I only bought the 08 because the interior was so tacky I didn't want to buy new in 2010. I keep my cars a long time, so I've waited until they brought out the new generation. I really like what they've done and plan to keep this one at least 12 years, or over 200,000 miles.