OT--Insomnia?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prednisone???

Be verrrry very careful with that shit. Made me extremely cold all the time and saw me gain 2 pounds per day, every day.

And yeah I think there was some sleep mess too.

Maybe its all fine and dandy for life and death situations or whatnot, but doctors loooove to prescribe that shit for any and every ol random reason....which just aint right. Waaaaay too many awful side effects, waaaay too common incidence.
It was a one time prescription but it was a high does and it was miserable. I was never so glad to stop taking it.

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup, Still going on......I have the blood work orders for testing "Thyroid levels" that he had given me two weeks prior to the onset of this.

...still sucks.....got 6 hr sat nite....that's it....since last Thurs.....coherent processing & deductive reasoning is crashing first, badly.

The surprise is that I'm not "angry" or short with people as I thought I would.

jeff

Russell Lewis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@jeff kushner man I am sorry to hear that. My son gets insomnia. I had trouble sleeping a couple of months ago when I was taking a high dose of Prednisone for a skin condition, and it would take me an hour and a half of laying in bed before I would get to sleep and then I was only getting about 4 hours of sleep. I can't really relate to what you are going through. I'll keep you in my prayers in hopes that this passes quickly.

Prednisone is of the devil lol!

I was on high dose prednisone it’s for the birds. Weight gain swelling just to name a few took 3 or 4 months to taper down now take 5mg once a day.

I have been diagnosed with Susacs.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prednisone is of the devil lol!

I was on high dose prednisone it’s for the birds. Weight gain swelling just to name a few took 3 or 4 months to taper down now take 5mg once a day.

I have been diagnosed with Susacs.
Sorry to hear that Russell. I had a bad case of Dermatitis and the prednisone knocked it out but I think the cure was worse than the disease. actually there is no cure for it and it occurs in men between the ages of 55 -65 so I'm right there.

Russell Lewis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Russell. I had a bad case of Dermatitis and the prednisone knocked it out but I think the cure was worse than the disease. actually there is no cure for it and it occurs in men between the ages of 55 -65 so I'm right there.

To think I thought there were only “ good “ steroids not bad yet good like that. But it’s very strong and works wonders.
Guy at my church has that too. This is a small world with us unique people. Started to get to him has to take Seroquel to take the edge off was really intchey he said till he got on prednisone.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To think I thought there were only “ good “ steroids not bad yet good like that. But it’s very strong and works wonders.
Guy at my church has that too. This is a small world with us unique people. Started to get to him has to take Seroquel to take the edge off was really intchey he said till he got on prednisone.
It feels like poison ivy when it comes on and it is really itchy and burns when you scratch it. I have this cream that I put on it that cuts down on the itching. I never had these kinds of skin problems when I was younger.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was dealing with problems falling asleep a woman told me to drink milk before bed,was it my doctor? as stupid as it sounds it 100% worked for me just throwing that out there i forgot about it. I tried it and started falling asleep way quicker. I would fall asleep eventually but was not actually falling asleep for a few hours after i layed down when i went through that spell. But frickin milk fixed it :confused:.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Derm?

Shapley's M-T-G or sulfur soap. Or any of a variety of veterinary leave-in products.

Works best on scalp covered by a bandana, but pretty good elsewhere too.

It's unpatentable since it's all ancient remedies so no one can be arsed to spend the money to roll it out in a national brand drugstore/cosmetics product or get the FDA to ok it for labelling it for human use.

Plus, big pharma and big cosmetics HATE cheap, effective solutions. Resolving patients' issues overnight for pennies is horribly bad for business.

PS the beauty of MTG is it doesnt even matter what it really is - dermatitis eczema dry skin seborrhea fungal infection obscure rainforest mites, whatever.... knocks that shit out

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I was dealing with problems falling asleep a woman told me to drink milk before bed,was it my doctor? as stupid as it sounds it 100% worked for me just throwing that out there i forgot about it. I tried it and started falling asleep way quicker. I would fall asleep eventually but was not actually falling asleep for a few hours after i layed down when i went through that spell. But frickin milk fixed it :confused:.

For insomnia, if you aren't allergic, get a cat or two and install them in bed.

The cuddly furballs are totally relaxing

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LOL--would prob toss the cats out the windows......hate cat hair where I eat.

Milk makes sense...it contains an amino acid- L-Tryptophan which helps the body to produce melatonin & will put one to sleep.

Sucks but I took yesterday off and only came in today because I got 4 hr of chemsleep.....yes, drug induced....so now I'm dealing with trying to blow out the fogginess but at least is was some sleep.

jeff

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360