Overhead consoles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased one of the new overhead console dvd players? Still thinking about it and was wondering if its worth the 800 bucks or so.

G

DVD Console $397 this week at Frys

This may be alocal deal here in Houston. 6.5" screen and overhead console mounting. Anyone know how to fix these up !!!:confused:

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have also been to dfrys here. i dont think it includes the player. its just a display.

G

I think they do include the Player and Screen for those packages.
Here in Modesto, Good Guys have a $900 deal with free installation, either a Sony brand one or AudoVox.
They do not look as if they color match, but for $900 that is pretty good.

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a $350 laptop off ebay with a DVD player, a small 70W inverter that plugs into the lights from ebay for $17, I have a piece of Velco (the stiff part) on the bottom of the laptop ($1) got some external speakers for the laptop for $15...yes...off ebay.

The thing sits on the middle 2nd row seat (folded down) doesn't move, has a 13" screen, great sound all for less than $400.00. It also sits perfectly on the console but I cannot open it. :rolleyes:

Keeps all 4 kids glued to it during those long trips to Hilo. (2 hours one way)

Best part...I'm using it now to type this on the internet.

Think multi-function. :)

corvettej

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes I purchase and overhead DVD player for my 03, It came with 2 wireless headphones and an FM Modulater so you can listen to radio or a cd while the rear passengers can watch dvds. I wish I had purchase an additional set of headphone just in case I had more than 2 passengers.

1999xlt

Reaction score
JT,
I have an aftermarket overhead console. I installed 2 monitors in it.. I have a Blaupunkt DVD player. I put it under the passenger side seat. All totaled it cost me about about $800.00. But I got alot more for the $800.00......

Last edited: