P0131 and P0151 but running fine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Begwi

Reaction score
Thanks in advance. We had a check engine light on a long drive home today. The engine continued to run fine with no apparent loss of power. My scanner shows P0131 and P0151, which I assume are oxygen sensors. The code reader says: "HO2S11 circuit out of range low voltage" and "O2 circuit low voltage (Bank 2, Sensor 1)." The check engine light has gone out now.

Should I order new O2 sensors and start there? There are four, right?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Begwi

Reaction score
More info below. My scanner indicates there are issues with sensor 1 on both banks, but the live data shows them both operating what I think is normally. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_7101.png
    IMG_7101.png
    244.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7100.png
    IMG_7100.png
    230.2 KB · Views: 5

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I got the p0151 in my 07 Firestone told me it was the O2 sensor, they replaced it and it didn't fix the code. Then they told me it was the pcm, replaced that and had it programmed for my vehicle, didn't work either. Then they suggested it could be the whole wiring harness that goes to that O2 sensor needing to be replaced. I'm not willing to put more money into this problem but would love to know what fixes it. So if you figure it out please let me know, this problem has been driving me nuts for about a year now.

OP
OP
B

Begwi

Reaction score
That is not good news for me. I think I will replace both upstream sensors and see what that does.

terr5178

Reaction score
Sensors seem to be doing their job of reading and reporting.. I'm not sure what your pics are showing but most likely it's some upstream causing the o2 sensor to read bad oit put therefore they try to adjust and throw a code when out of limits.could be vacuum leak or bad info from maf sensor. Voltage to o2 is sent from pcm but could be bad ground or corrosion at connector.
Please reply with what you find. Don't throw parts and $$ at it. You can give the money to me instead. Test first