P0305 for weeks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

pedrero

Reaction score
ok... stupid question... did you reset the computer? disconnect battery for like thirt min it will go off naturally drive it awhile and if it comes back then you know you didnt fix it with your repairs
I did reset it by disconnecting the cables. I disconnected them each time I changed something.

OP
OP
P

pedrero

Reaction score
Where's waldo? Hey welcome to the forum....

Did he think he was posting on the other site & didn't expect a reply for a couple of days? :shrug:

:joke: :rotflmao:
Sorry I did not think I would get so many quick responses. You are right. I just came over from the infamous "OTHER" site.

OP
OP
P

pedrero

Reaction score
It idles a little jerkey but after taking it on the highway it seems to run better but not perfect.
BTW, it does feel sluggish going uphill until I accelerate by downshifting (auto Trans)then I get more power. I also hear a tapping or rattling sound when I accel in the morning but that gets quieter or goes away after it warms up.

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have access to an ODB2 code reader?

Thoughts I have are:

1. try and borrow a code reader for a couple of weeks. or buy one for $60.00 if you can
2. Clear all the codes in the computer.
3. run the tests listed here: http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html while the reader is hooked up...

I'm not sure about the injectors?
1. try letting the motor suck a little seafoam using the brake booster method -- here: http://expeditionforum.com/showthread.php?t=7500&highlight=seafoam+brake+booster+vacuum
2. Think about a set of new coils from ebay (and new plugs?)
3. I don't want to freak you out or anything but the ticking noise you're hearing "could be" a plug backing out & it may be about to blow out?...
4. If you end up going the way of new coils / plugs... Google up "cleaning fuel injectors" & soak em in cleaner? or you could even swap your set out for a set of serviced injectors for 70-80 bucks...?
5. and whatever else jedi brother panda spewed out his chops above me...

If you don't have a stash of cash laying around to pay a mechanic (not sure who does these days) I would say it's time to get to know your motor up close and personal... It's really not that hard if you take your time, use the right tools (not the most expensive ones) and keep posting in here for feedback...

I know I had to bring my rig back from the brink of a rusting junkyard so it is do'able... (and I think I saved at least $2000.00 in labor by doing it myself) Good luck, keep us posted, or fire away with whatever...

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would deffinately do the seafoam trick. there is a thread around here about it o and fyi...autozone 7.99 a can......o'reilly buy two at 9.99 get one free and wally world is like 8.79 or something like that for a can of seafoam. i love the stuff so i look at prices

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would deffinately do the seafoam trick. there is a thread around here about it o and fyi...autozone 7.99 a can......o'reilly buy two at 9.99 get one free and wally world is like 8.79 or something like that for a can of seafoam. i love the stuff so i look at prices

i did that. have them sitting around. if i can get my friend to come over tomorrow ill do it. if not, then o well. haha

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah I would check for a vacuum leak by the little T... also you said it was P0305...are you sure you changed the right plug? have to ask...