P0305 for weeks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

pedrero

Reaction score
yeah I would check for a vacuum leak by the little T... also you said it was P0305...are you sure you changed the right plug? have to ask...
I hope so, I changed the plug in front on the drivers side. I thought they ran the same as the injectors. Hmmm.

OP
OP
P

pedrero

Reaction score
only autos in these things. wish they came mans. o well. but check the elbow behind the TB. that would be the 1st thing to check.

from the other site. http://expeditionforum.com/showthread.php?t=4926 this needs to be a sticky. LANE!!!! put this on here!!!
OK everyone, here is what we did. I had to recruit a friend who works on cars for a living to help.
1. Changed all of the plugs
2. Changed all of the coils
3. Cleaned the MAF
4. Changed the fuel injector and confirmed it is working
5. Did the Seafoam trick
5. Tested for compression (no loss)
6. Tested for leaks with smoke and flammable spray
7. Visual inspection the hose on TB and Rubber boot (all seems fine)
8. Flopped Coils to ensure #5 wire was good.

Still running bad in the begining but runs better after it warms up. By the way, I took it to West Virginia and back, up and down the mountains while towing a 4,000 lb Airstream camper without any problems.

My buddy is a manager of an STS and he along with all of the other mechanics can't figure it out. They have been trying hard for over 2 weeks so I told him I would call him tomorrow to pick it up. :shrug:

Tollis

Reaction score
I wish this ended in a positive solution. I am getting the same code along with P0174, P0012, P0420. I came hoping there was some type of solution before I started dumping money into it.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish this ended in a positive solution. I am getting the same code along with P0174, P0012, P0420. I came hoping there was some type of solution before I started dumping money into it.

First Welcome to the Forum
Second You posted in a very old and inactive thread The last post before yours was back in July of 2011

I would suggest that you start a new thread and post about your problems rather that posting in this old thread dealing with someone else's problem