Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONSE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcos

Reaction score
I had a 2004 Expedition that did this same thing. The aluminum was not prepped correctly thus causing the paint to lose adhesion. FORD is of no help with this issue. I got the same "corrosion" speech and then was told they could fix it for $900. I said "I'm sure you could fix it" and walked out.

RedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i am going to fix mine using the Automotive Touch up process that some have used... it CAN'T be any worse that what it is.... lol

Reaction score
2015 FORD Expedition with 20,000 miles has Galvanic Corrosion on Hood and Rear Door. It also has cracks above rear door in roof weld. Ford will only repaint vehicle.

IMG_4011.JPG

IMG_3992.JPG

RedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
oh wow, Aquariumdoc... THATS incredible!!!!!!!!!! looks like Zestar should get involved with that... IMO... unbelievable...

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am going to fix mine using the Automotive Touch up process that some have used... it CAN'T be any worse that what it is.... lol
I did that on my old 05. It was better than looking at white corrosion after the paint flaked off. Scrape off all of the corrosion with a knife blade and then remove any loose paint. I didn't bother to sand it. The paint would last about 1-2 years and then I would just touch up that area again.

IMG_4908.JPG IMG_4909.JPG

Reaction score
Ford Motor Company has known about this Aluminum Galvanic Corrosion since 2000 and rather than fixing the problem they continue to update Ford TSB 16-0028 every year to include the newest model.

Attachments

• WebPage.pdf
    52.7 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
FORDS ALUMINUM BODY SECRET: Our 2015 Ford Expedition with 20,000 miles in California has Aluminum Corrosion on the front hood and rear hatch door. Ford has known about this problem since the year 2000 and has done nothing about it, documented in Technical Service Bulletin TSB 16-0028. Dealerships are aware, but do not disclose the factory defect prior to sale, which is Fraud.IMG_4139.JPG TSB Image.jpeg

Matt63

Reaction score
2014 Expy Limited in Tuxedo black...31K miles and I just noticed it last week. Extensive bubbling on the hood edge and hatch edge.

fischer5

Reaction score
Just Curious....I have the Ford Cancer on my 2011 EL Limited as well.
Options : Have it fixed by a reputable shop and sue Ford in Small Claims court
Do nothing

My concern is what I have read is that even after getting it "fixed" it may come back again and again, due to the serious prep needed to avoid the corrosion.

Has any one ever tried or considered Powder coating the hood and lift gates?
( why hasn't Ford done this as well to avoid the peeling and Tarnished Image of poor support?)

Also there may be an excellent opportunity for an after market for Hoods and Lift Gates, made from Carbon Fiber or other materials that will hold up over time.