Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONSE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angry owner

Reaction score
my dealership is now offering me a mild discount to get it repaired (after I suggested it, of course).
before I throw more money at it, I asked them to confirm if the repair comes with any sort of warranty. awaiting the answer. if they can't warranty it, how could they consider this not a defect?

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my dealership is now offering me a mild discount to get it repaired (after I suggested it, of course).
BULLSH!T !! 100 % warranty. The company will have to eat it !!!

before I throw more money at it, I asked them to confirm if the repair comes with any sort of warranty. awaiting the answer. if they can't warranty it, how could they consider this not a defect?

This warranty continues. You have about 4 more years.
the corrosion or rust damage repairs are covered for 5 years, unlimited miles.

angry owner

Reaction score
their version of a warranty is that the metal can't have perforations or rust (which it won't because it's aluminum). I am expecting that the paint can stick and not bubble. Apparently my expectations are too high for a vehicle that cost $60k and is barely 2 model years old. I certainly don't see any suburbans with this problem.

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
their version of a warranty is that the metal can't have perforations or rust (which it won't because it's aluminum). I am expecting that the paint can stick and not bubble.
The paint is bubbling from aluminum corrosion.

Try the 800 number (back of the owners manual and warranty manual) or DEMAND AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE CORPORATE DISTRICT REP ! They usually come by once every month or so.

angry owner

Reaction score
I've called the 800 number and the online chat. both equally worthless. they both state this is not a defect and there is nothing they can do to elevate the concern.

my dealer says they can repair it but there is "no way to warrant what may happen underneath the paint in the future". so how is that not a defect?

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my dealer says they can repair it but there is "no way to warrant what may happen underneath the paint in the future". so how is that not a defect?
Again, that is a BULLSH!T statement. It is clearly covered for the entire 5 years since the day you purchased the vehicle.

angry owner

Reaction score
has anyone tried filing a complaint with the BBB?

kudos to the lawyers at Ford. that clause in the warranty about perforation was genius.

but that doesn't make it right....

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
has anyone tried filing a complaint with the BBB?

kudos to the lawyers at Ford. that clause in the warranty about perforation was genius.

but that doesn't make it right....
Forget the BBB. They won't do anything.

You are obviously not a very good "lawyer" ! This statement ...

If aluminum body panels have corrosion or rust damage, and the damage is not the result of abnormal usage, vehicle accident, customer actions and/or extreme environmental conditions, the corrosion or rust damage repairs are covered for 5 years, unlimited miles.

... is INDEPENDENT of "perforation" statement that preceded it ! IANAL, but I am sure that real lawyers would back me up (any real one on board please comment). If you want to pay a "reduced" cost to the dealer, that is up to you. You real should DEMAND a meeting with the corporate district rep. Or pay the bill and sue the dealer in small claims for "bad faith".

If there is another dealer within a reasonable distance, I would see what they have to say.