Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONSE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Im139

Reaction score
Any thoughts if the dealer only wants to cover spot treating the issue and not following the most recent TSB recommending to replace the panel?

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Note what it says on the very last line "Information Only".

That's Ford's placeholder to ensure people are not confused whether this is a recall...it's not.

I did print out the TSB info and took with me to the dealer in Feb 2018 to get the hood on my 2015 Explorer replaced...under the 36mo/36k warranty. They did a great job.

Ben Ford

Reaction score
This may not be the correct thread as I just bought a 2007 EL LIMITED. Yes it does have high mileage (175350). But overall decent shape. My wife loved everything about it and was anxious for an upgrade and so was I.

We didn't notice the rust issues at the rocker panels until my father pointed it out in the dark last night!!! Arrrgghhh!!! We noticed this on another 2007 we saw earlier that day and passed on buying the vehicle. It was hard to miss cause the vehicle is white.

I have some to the conclusion that I am SOL and will have to repair on my own. Cutting out the cancer and installing new sheet metal to rolace the cancerous metal. I will upload pictures once I figure out what site to upload them from and to make them visible on this site...

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
upload them on this site

I found a perfect 08 during my search the first one I looked at I saw rust, that put me on high alert while shopping

I don't know why you did not look closer knowing of the problem with the other one

Ben Ford

Reaction score
upload them on this site

I found a perfect 08 during my search the first one I looked at I saw rust, that put me on high alert while shopping

I don't know why you did not look closer knowing of the problem with the other one
Neither do I.... Doesn't help that I just had eye surgery.... Oh well.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes