paint job price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
brought this truck to 1 bodyshop in the area..$3400 "k"..
.went to macco and said $1300 deal,takes 3 days. he wont warranty it cause paint job is pealing on it now.(probably thinks itll come up...which it probably will).
earl scheb said $1200. said it will shine,glossy.(showed me a cab...nice job) like new.body work is nothing,its pings on drivers door...BUT...i take off roof rack, front roll-barr. ill probably pull grill and take wipers off,plastic by windsheild...ect...this guy wants truck 4a week....mon -sat

not going crazy.....$3500 is alot!......anyone paint there truck lately.....how much was it....did you help by taking off pieces?

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 918
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,445

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Macco paint jobs do not hold up, for real, save your money and have a real shop do it, macco is a cover up deal, it is not a real paint job, you will wish in a year you saved your money, not to mention they will not remove any thing, they tape and paint, there will be alot missed trust me

jrally

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same goes for Earl, but prep is key. If you take the time to sand down all the loose, flaking paint with smooth blends into good paint, then take off all the trim, lights, taillights, etc., you can get a decent job out of those shops. This is how I have my rally cars done at Earl Schieb, I basically take them a stripped down rolling shell, clean and pre-sanded. But, in the end, you still get what you pay for. The paint is more of a plastic then a true automotive paint, the guys doing the spraying are hit and miss on how good they lay down paint. But, in general I'm always happy with the price per paint job.

-Jon

mmrseed

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sorry but plan on at least around $3k for a good paint job and yes, as the others here already said, STAY AWAY from maaco and Earl Scheib. I have had several friends and employees that went the cheap route and boy did it show. You're better off having a first grade art class painting your truck for a school art project

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 for dont go cheap... I've helped fix crappy macco paint jobs at my buddy's body shop it is a waste of money to go there unless u dont mind a crappy paint job... save your money and get it done right... it will cost more but if you want it to look good save your money... i am planning on a new paint job in a year or two when i have some cash... when my new hood was painted you can see the difference compared to the 11 y/o paint of a truck that was in TX for 10 years

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
idiot who had my truck prior to me had a high dollar macco paint job, walnut can you tell you just how messed up it is, hes seen mine,

OP
OP
aircargoo

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
paintjob on there now sucs....its faded and pealing...roof is down to primer.

it deserves a 4 grand paint job....this truck runs well.but....cant do it...not on a paint job in the city.i saved as much as i can to chuck around right now. just wanna clean truck up. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
aircargoo

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey.....seen my truck at body shop...he did every ping scatch dent ect......:eek:

not bad for $1200....i get 3 yrs warranty as well. i seen chevy suv they painted and was nice job. paint was layed perfect considering they taped everything.....

i took as much as possible off my truck...only thing i didnt remove which i wanted to was running boards. nothing to really tape on mine but windsheilds and bumpers. wipers ,grill,plastics are gone....lets see how shes looks thursday....................:cool: