Parasitic Battery Drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which fuse 22 are you talking about in the earlier posts, the one in the engine bay or in the cabin?

The floorboard test is used on the first gens since they are known for leaky windshields right above the fuse box and gem location. Once the gem is wet things don't work like they should.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nycnftm

nycnftm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking at the paperwork given to me by the mechanic I believe it to be interior.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is why you should have the power distribution wiring diagrams for the next step. Look at them to determine what circuits that fuse protects.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the key was out and you had voltage going into the slot for fuse 22 then your problem is somewhere before the fuse.
Fuse 22 in the central junction box should only be hot when the key is in the run position see print 13-008 and 13-014

Last edited:
OP
OP
nycnftm

nycnftm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My local mechanic has my expedition for over a month and even with the wiring diagrams cannot find the drain. Im thinking of taking it back and bringing it to the steelership. Any ideas? Know anyone local to Atlanta?

Thanks

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Before you leave it at a dealership you should know one thing ahead of time. Troubleshooting electrical problems fall into one of two scenarios. The first will be an easy fix, the other is a long and drawn out ordeal that may take hours to find. How many hours of troubleshooting are you willing to pay for at their rate? If you don't want to possibly spend $550-1000 in labor you may consider finding it yourself or someone who works at a lower rate.