Parasitic drain - Passenger side fuse panel. Location#2 - Driver side memory module (15A)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dick Daigle

Reaction score
So last week I went to go start my car in the morning and the battery was dead. Yay...
I jumped it and drove the mile to work, then parked. after work went to start up again and it was completely dead. not even enough power to unlock the doors or dome lights.

SO after I got home I started doing the parasitic drain test (pulling fuses) and found the culprit.
Passenger side fuse panel. Location#2 - Driver side memory module (15A)
Once I pulled this my drain went down to less than half an amp. This was pulling 2-3 amps.

Anyone have any idea what would cause the module to have such a drain?

I have only had this vehicle for a couple weeks and it seemed to coincide with the time I tried to program the seat memories.
Since I have pulled the fuse I have not had any issues with battery drain. Battery is only a year old.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With the fuse removed check the function of all of the buttons for the seat memory. One may be stuck "on".